The Disney College Program truly changed my life for the better. The program helped to direct my career path, brought me lifelong friendships, and gave me experience with a Fortune 500 company. All of that said, there are some things that I wasn’t expecting before starting this journey.
Here are a few things I wish I would’ve known before doing the Disney College Program:
– Walking into the Walt Disney World Casting Center for the first time is like walking straight into a fairytale: magical, and where dreams come true!
– After you arrive at Casting, waiting to hear where you work will be the longest five minutes of your life.
– You will probably start to feel nervous to meet your roommates until you realize that they love the same thing you do: DISNEY!
– There is no shame in having your Disney Housing apartment decked out in Disney.
– The immense amount of pride that you will feel during Disney Traditions, when you realize you have now joined the Disney legacy.
– When you see the castle for the first time as a cast member, you realize that this is where you belong!
– Starting at your work location will seem overwhelming at first, but it just takes a little time to learn your role. In no time at all, you will have “earned your ears!”
– You will probably buy more Disney merchandise than you know what to do with, and that’s okay!
– The Walt Disney Company is welcoming and wants you to succeed in your program. Take advantage of networking opportunities!
– Watching the Wishes nighttime spectacular will never fail to give you the feels.
– You are going to meet people from across the country and even the world! Your Disney ‘ohana will become your second family.
– The little things you do in your day will mean the world to a child or family! Magical moments are just as magical as they sound.
– You will learn the Disney Parks like the back of your hand – and find all of the best photo spots.
– Meeting Mickey becomes even more special as a cast member – your very own magical moment!
– Nothing beats a little bit of pixie dust.
– Homesickness is normal, but your Disney ‘ohana is always there for you – and your family and friends are just a call away.
– The Night of Stars Talent Competition will make you realize how many talented people you have been surrounded by the past few months.
– Disney classes will open your mind to new ideas! You will get opportunities in professional development and make new friends.
– When your service celebration comes around, you will wonder where the time went. It will go by in a flash.
– You’ll realize you have so much left to do! Time to finish the rest of your bucket list.
– The last day of work will be emotional because you’ll realize how much your leaders, fellow cast members, and guests have changed your life.
– You will go to Magic Kingdom Park for the last time and reminisce on all of the magical memories you have made with your Disney family.
– When you hear the Wishes nighttime spectacular music begin, you just can’t hold back your emotions. The laugh/cry is real.
– And finally, when it’s time to say goodbye, you know that it’s not the end. Your friends and memories you made will last a lifetime. “It’s not a goodbye, it’s a See Ya Real Soon!”