In the months of February and March 2011, Disney’s International Recruitment worked hard to welcome nearly 1,000 new International cast members to the Walt Disney World Resort! In the month of February alone, we welcomed cast members from Botswana, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Lesotho, Mexico, Morocco, Namibia, Norway, South Africa, Sweden and the United Kingdom! This diverse group represents a wide variety of the programs we offer.
Arriving at the Walt Disney World Resort is a very exciting experience, and we do our best to prepare you for your experience; however, moving to a new location, let alone a new country, can become very complicated.
For those of you who may have just arrived on your program or will be joining us soon, here are some initial “words of wisdom” from our group of expert Coordinators:
- Keep travel documents with you. You do not want to lose them if your luggage is delayed.
- Call your friends and family as soon as you arrive in Florida safely. They want to know that you arrived and are all taken care of.
- Review all the materials that were sent to you before you leave your country. If you have questions, make sure you ask someone for clarification before you begin to travel.
- Make sure to attend all the sessions on your arrival itinerary. Also, it is always smart to have a friend call your apartment to make sure you are awake in the morning!
- Have fun! Be friendly! Smile! You’re at the Walt Disney World Resort.