Living and working in Central Florida during the dog days of summer doesn’t have to be a drag! In fact, participating in a Disney Program during the summer months has all kinds of perks that can help you and your crew keep the fun in the sun going all season long!
The sun is shining, the temperature is rising, and it is the perfect season to hit Disney’s world-class water parks in Florida! Don’t forget to bring the essentials (sunscreen, water bottle, towel, and sunglasses) and be sure to check The Hub for block-out dates before you arrive. Both of Disney’s water parks offer thrilling attractions, relaxing lazy rivers and beautiful white-sand oases for you to soak up some sun. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Catch a wave at Typhoon Lagoon’s Surf Pool, the largest wave pool in North America! Swells can reach up to six feet, so get ready to feel the motion of the ocean as you’re swept to shore all day long. Check the chalkboard at park entry for the day’s surf conditions!
- Slide for your life at Blizzard Beach’s Summit Plummet! This slippery chute of mountaintop run-off will send you hurtling down a 12 stories of an almost-vertical freefall. Are you in?
- Feeling lazy? Grab an inner tube and bob down the lazy river at either of our Water Parks for a break from your thrill-filled day. Keep an eye open for special water effects throughout your trip!
There is nothing quite like a sweet frozen treat to cool you down on a muggy Florida day. Use this handy “Ice Cream Bucket List Starter Pack” for inspiration, and add your favorites as you go!
- L’Artisan des Glaces – Epcot France Pavilion
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich – This treat is sure to delight your sweet tooth. French ice cream squished between two halves of a fresh-baked macaron; what more could you need?
- Ample Hills Creamery – Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream – While Ample Hills Creamery offers an array of tantalizing ice cream flavors, this is definitely the best one. Featuring generous chunks of real, homemade butter cake in between swirls of fresh French Vanilla ice cream, this scoop can’t be beat.
- Pineapple Lanai – Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Dole Whip – Enjoy this classic Disney dessert on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon, where you can catch a glimpse of Cinderella Castle and the Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular!
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop – Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Kitchen Sink Sundae – Round up a few of your hungriest friends to take on this long-standing ice cream challenge! Topped with a whole can of whipped cream and all the fixin’s in the house, this sundae is no joke. Heads up: Beaches & Cream Soda Shop will be closed for refurbishment from early August through winter 2019.
Rainy Afternoon? Hakuna Matata!
Florida’s weather is notoriously unpredictable, especially during the summer months. If you find yourself running from the rain during your park visit, keep these dry (and cool) places in mind for waiting out the storm.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- The Hall of Presidents
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Reflections of China
- Impressions de France
- O Canada!
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
Whether you’re catching a wave at our water parks, sampling fine frozen treats, or enjoying a show in between raindrops, we encourage you to take advantage of all the benefits your Disney Program has to offer “in summerrrrrrrrr!”