You have been tasked with the mission of determining what to pack and what to buy upon arrival for your Program. It’s time to work some magic on your luggage.
The secret to making the best packing checklist is timely preparation. Give yourself two days at home to pay close attention to the things you use throughout the day and jot any necessities onto a list.
To get your gears turning, here is a list of common must-haves:
- Professional attire to ensure you match the Disney Look
- Warm clothes for the winter temperature or overly intense air conditioning
- Workout clothes for staying in shape at a Disney Housing gym
- Rain protection for the wet days. An umbrella could become your best accessory!
- Bathing suit for trips to the pool or the beach
Keep in mind that, although Housing does provide many amenities for all participants on the Disney College Program and Disney International Programs, there are just a few steps participants will have to take to make their apartments truly feel like home.
- Bed linens
- Pillow cases
- Mattress pad
- Shower caddy
- The basic necessities: toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, contact lens solution, etc.
- Coffee maker
- Food storage containers
- Reliable alarm clock
- Chargers (e.g. cell phone, music player, handheld video game console, etc.)
- Money for groceries, gas, and other necessities until your first paycheck arrives
Now that you have some ideas, you’re ready to get packing. If you forget anything important, there are nearby grocery stores, supermarkets, and other surrounding shopping complexes.
If you find that you can’t fit everything into your suitcase – or even into your car – keep in mind that you can buy some things when you arrive. If you’re flying, don’t forget that the maximum weight allowed for luggage on most airlines is 50 pounds, and the other various flying restrictions.