The happy haunts of Magic Kingdom Park begin to materialize through the months of September and October for what some believe is the best time of year – the season for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Dressed in Halloween costumes, foolish mortals are welcome to attend a party like none other. Follow these tips, and the only host you’ll need is a ghost host!
1) Craft your costume carefully and creatively.
Make final arrangements with your boo crew and pick a theme. Present yourself with the chilling creative challenge of doing something new and different. Some examples to get your creative juices flowing could be: emojis, a monorail, The Muppets, cereals, smart phone apps, magic bands, parking lot signs or the seven dwarfs.
Just as you will be watching out for creepy creeps, if you arrive in a daft disguise, please make safety a priority by adhering to the costumed guidelines.
2) Mortals must pay a token fee, but cast members receive a great discount on select nights!
Unless you’re Scrooge McDuck, a little discount is always appreciated. Choose a night with a little extra treat.
3) Let there be music from regions beyond, and create a spooky playlist.
Magic Kingdom Park will be full of the spirits’ sympathetic vibrations, but you can start the party early by jamming out to a spooky villain playlist.
4) Rev up your doom-buggy and arrive at 4 p.m.
Guests of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may arrive at 4 p.m. with the actual party kicking off at 7 p.m. to midnight.
5) Snap a photo with the character you are dressed as.
The spirits may be frightfully sensitive to bright lights, however, many beloved (sometimes rare) characters will be out greeting guests.
6) Rest in peace because there will be plenty of candy.
Cute trick-or-treat bags will be available to fill your candy stash (or tummy) to your heart’s desire.
7) Scout out a spot for the Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Show.
These spooky spectacles can’t be missed. You’ll not only have goose-bumps, but also the catchy tunes will be stuck in your head.
8) Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
One may follow you home.