It is that time of year again where our programs start welcoming both International and Domestic Programs around the same time! You may remember our in a past blog, we discussed how to set yourself up for success. This can become a busy time for everyone, but don’t forget that it’s an exciting time too! Here are some tips to remember once you arrive:
- Know where your documents are! This includes your itinerary, government ID and passport. You will have several appointments during your first week, so try to stay organized.
- Did you forget something from home? Don’t worry! You will have an opportunity to purchase your wants and needs at our on-site convenience store, local malls and grocery stores. We provide transportation to these various locales.
- Speaking of transportation, you will also receive a transportation guide. We’ll help you get to and from work, but also local points of interest. Do you have a smartphone? We also have a transportation app that provides live-time updates (scan the qr code).
- Travel with your friends and roommates. Getting around Central Florida is big adventure – make sure to share it with your new friends
- CALL HOME! You may have traveled for a few hours or several hours Nonetheless, jetlag may begin, and you would just like some sleep. Before you drift to Neverland, be sure you contact home to let them know you checked in and are finally in an apartment. Let them know what your new address it and make sure to ask for a “care package!”
- #DisneyPrograms is a great hashtag to use to find out what other participants are doing in their program. You may also see some upcoming housing events or happenings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
Above all, have fun! Your first few weeks will fly by, and you’re sure to make several new friends. Some that may have never been in the United States, and some who are Disney veterans. Again, welcome to your program, and have a magical time!