Looking to get the most out of your Disney College Program? Don’t forget about the Learning Component with registration for the Summer I 2014 Term nearing! The Education Office will be offering all of our Collegiate offerings and a limited number of our Seminar offerings.
Collegiate and Seminar offerings are a bit different. While each Collegiate offering focuses on an area of the Walt Disney World Resort, the courses are similar in academic rigor as classes you would take back at your college or university. The Collegiate offerings are even recommended for three hours of college credit by the American Council on Education. The Seminar offerings allow students to learn more about how the Walt Disney World Resort operates in various key areas. These classes consist of conversations and presentations facilitated by Disney leaders. Seminar offerings scheduled for summer are scheduled to change.
While more in-depth information is available online, here are a few things you should know leading up to the Online Registration Period:
- Summer I 2014 Term Dates are as follows: May 12th- August 1st for Collegiate offerings and May 19th –July 18th for Seminar offerings.
- Class space is extremely limited for all of our offerings, especially the Seminars. If the class you would like to register for is filled, you can choose the waitlist option and you will be contacted if space becomes available.
- Be aware registration is not finalized until you have paid the course material fee. Also you may have to purchase an additional textbook for some of the Collegiate offerings.
- Specific information about your class day, time, and location will be sent via email to you two weeks before the term begins.
- The Add/Drop Period is from April 19th- April 27th, which allows students to register and/or drop classes based on availability and without penalty.
For more information on registering, the courses we offer, or to register during the previously stated time, please visit www.disneyurl.com/courseregistration or send the Education Team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.